Lisa for Maine needs callers!
Help Green Lisa Savage Reach Maine Voters
Lisa for Maine is asking Greens all across the country to join the team in a massive voter contact program that will reach tens of thousands of Maine voters between now and November 2020. Lisa Savage is a fantastic candidate running against Republican Susan Collins in a Ranked Choice Vote in the state of Maine. Lisa is a teacher, grandmother, organizer and activist who has been a tireless advocate for Green values in the state of Maine. Lisa is the real deal and has a shot at winning this election, but to do that, we need to mobilize Greens from across the country to pitch in and help let Maine voters know what a great candiate Lisa is.
Right now, we are making calls for Ballot Access and to turn out voters to meet Lisa in January. As the campaign progresses, our phonebankers will ID voters across Maine and help in event turn out, fundraising and more. We are building a great team, but we need you in order to make this happen! Anyone can help make calls for Lisa. You don't need to be from the state of Maine to support Lisa by volunteering.
The campaign has established a phonebanking system that will work for anyone!
There are two ways you can help call for Lisa:
- Using our CallHub Call Center campaign – this sophisticated dialer puts everything you need to know to make calls right on your web browser. The application automatically calls the next voter in the queue and gives an option to drop a recorded message from Lisa on voter's answering machines and voicemail. THis system works best with an earphone headset with a microphone.
- Using traditional spreadhseets/telephone to place the calls. We use this methos for phonebanking parties because it's easier with a group of people. This is also a good option for those who are unfamiliar with the CallHub application.
We are also looking for leaders who are willing to host phonebank parties anywhere in the country! Gather your Green friends together to make calls for Lisa and have fun! We'll send you all of the details to get you started! Hosting requires the ability to play a short video at the beginning of the party, helping volunteers get started calling and reporting back details of the party to the campaign.
Please sign up below and a team member will help you get started!
Tips for Hosting a Phone Bank
- Make an event on Facebook and invite your friends to join the phonebank. Follow up with RSVPs to remind them and try to persuade interested parties to make it.
- Send an email out to all of your friends who may be interested in helping the phonebank.
- Make calls to friends to ask them to attend.
- Have snacks and beverages available for attendees at the event. Have adequate lighting. Make sure you have plenty of outlets available for people to plug in their cell hones and laptops.
- Invite the attendees to host a phonebank of their own, or to come back next week to make more calls for Lisa.
Volunteers who host regular phone banks can have a big impact on voter outreach.